Clients must be switching from a current health insurance plan with 12 months continuous cover. Their existing cover will be enhanced, or matched as closely as possible by VitalityHealth. The offer excludes health cash plans, plans with an excess over £1,000 and diagnostics only plans.
How your clients can take up this offer
Start by preparing a quote through Quick Quote by inputting your client’s existing product, hospital list and excess.
You will then be asked:
In the last three years, has your client or any other person to be insured:
- experienced symptoms, or
- received any advice from a healthcare professional, or
- received treatment or have treatment planned or expected (including prescribed or over the counter medication)
Please note: a full list of conditions that your client does not need to tell us about can be found in the terms and conditions.
If your client can answer No to this question, they will be offered an immediate 10% discount on their renewal premium. If this is not the case then they will have to answer a further question to establish a discount of between 5% - 10%. On occasion some quotes will have to be referred to underwriting to establish eligibility and discount.
Once the discount has been established you will be asked to input the existing renewal date. At this stage you can also choose to change cover options if required. The Quote will then be generated and cover can be applied for.
How switching to Vitality works
For this offer, we’ll match on the following five elements:
• Closest level of excess (matching down)
• Closest level of out-patient cover (matching up)
• Closest level of therapies cover (matching up)
• Closest hospital list
• Always match to Extended Cancer Cover as the default
Out-patient Cover example
|Current level of cover||Matching level of VitalityHealth cover
|Full diagnostics + 3 consultations
||Full diagnostics + £1,000 out-patient limit
Hospital list examples
Central London Postcodes - E, EC, N, NW, SE, SW, W and WC
|Current excess||Matching level of VitalityHealth cover|
|Over £1,000||£1,000 with price adjustment for reduced excess|
We can’t offer comparable cover for the following products:
- Health cash plans
- PMI policies with an excess over £1,000
- PMI policies with no hospital cover (e.g. Diagnostic Cover only)
What else you need to know
- For clients switching mid-term, we guarantee to beat their current premium.
- For those switching at renewal, we guarantee to beat the first renewal quote offered by their current insurer.
- We won’t include offers such as months free, negotiated discounts or free cover modules, such as Dental and Travel Cover, in the comparison.
- We’ll base the price comparison on the quoted start date of the plan.
See our terms and conditions for more information