- This tool is for professional advisers only and should not to be used by your client.
- Information contained in this tool should not be taken as advice or a recommendation.
- These figures are illustrative and are not guaranteed.
- The life expectancy calculations in the tool are a guide and are not intended to replace any advice from a doctor. It may not be suitable for your client if they suffer from a serious health condition.
- The underlying biometric and lifestyle assumptions for the 5 pre-set health and wellbeing profiles are:
|Smoker, Rarely active, Very bad diet||Smoker, Lightly Active, Ok diet||Non-smoker, Rarely Active, Bad diet||Non-smoker, Lightly active, Ok diet||Non-smoker, Highly active, Great diet|
|Systolic blood pressure||139.3||129.8||132.2||122.3||105|
|Exercise||Rarely active||Moderately active||Rarely active||Moderately active||Highly active|
- Where you have selected specific funds, we have used growth rates that we consider reasonable and appropriate based on the funds that you’ve chosen and have also taken into consideration the maximum rates set by the Financial Conduct Authority. The rates are assumptions and we don’t guarantee the amount your client might get back. We also assume that the fund charges that currently apply to these funds will apply throughout the investment term.
- The value of an investment can go down as well as up so your client could get back less than has been paid in. The figures shown are not a reliable indicator of potential investment performance.
- The calculations are based on your client's current investment savings and assume they continue to pay the stated regular payments during the investment period.
- The tool shows the effect on investments within a VitalityInvest Retirement Plan and does not take into consideration any other pension savings or income or other annual income your client may have.
- Your client would normally pay income tax on money they take from a pension after any tax-free cash has been taken out. We have not allowed for that in these calculations.
- There are limits on how much your client can put into pensions each year and still receive tax relief without incurring tax charges. The tool ignores these limits. Also, your client usually can’t get any money back from their pension until at least age 55 (57 from 2028).
- We do not take account of the Lifetime Allowance, which is a limit on the total value of all pension benefits your client is able to take without paying a tax penalty. Anything over this allowance may be subject to a tax charge.
- Your client's investment and the VitalityInvest boost and discount features (where applicable) will depend on factors such as the amount they withdraw, the investment return, inflation, their payments and charges.
- For plans with the Healthy Fee Saver and Boosters, the VitalityInvest features are the Investment Booster, Retirement Booster and the Healthy Living Discount. The level of benefits that your client is eligible for under these features will depend on the type of funds their plan invests into and their Vitality status. For full details of the Investment Booster, the Retirement Booster and the Healthy Living Discount please see the VitalityInvest Retirement Plan with Healthy Fee Saver and Boosters terms and conditions as well as the Investment Booster schedule, Retirement Booster schedule and Charges schedule.
- For plans with the Healthy Fee Saver, the VitalityInvest feature is the Healthy Living Discount. The level of benefits that your client is eligible for under this feature will depend on the type of funds their plan invests into and their Vitality status. For full details of the Healthy Living Discount please see the VitalityInvest Retirement Plan with Healthy Fee Saver terms and conditions and Charges schedule.
- The tool calculations assume the current Retirement Plan product charges, Investment Booster rates (if available on the chosen plan type), Retirement Booster rates (if available on the chosen plan type) and Healthy Living Discount apply throughout the investment term selected. These current charges and rates can be found in the Investment Booster schedule, Retirement Booster schedule and Charges schedule.
- These calculations assume that the proportion of your client's plan held in each fund you’ve chosen remains the same in the future and that their Vitality status will remain the same throughout the investment term selected. Any change to their selected funds or Vitality status will affect the level of benefit they will be entitled to receive.
- Where you have not selected for contributions or income withdrawals to increase in line with inflation, the values don’t take into account the effects of price inflation. Price inflation will reduce what your client can buy with a given amount of money over time.
- Where you have selected for contributions to increase in line with inflation we assume that price inflation will remain at 2.5%p.a. throughout the investment term and your client’s contributions will increase each year from outset.
- Where you have selected for income withdrawals to increase in line with inflation we assume that price inflation will remain at 2.5%p.a. from your client’s retirement age to the end of the investment term. The amount of monthly income chosen is assumed to be the monthly income amount that will be withdrawn in the first year following retirement (i.e. this amount is not increased by price inflation between current age and retirement age). The monthly income will only increase by 2.5% each year from the retirement age.
- While we have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of this tool, neither VitalityInvest nor our representatives can accept any responsibility for loss, however caused, suffered by any person who has acted in reliance on the material contained in this tool.
- The data you have provided in this tool is anonymised and will not be stored or saved.