Why Mortgage Protection?
Buying a house can be stressful – dealing with solicitors, mortgage, packing, moving and the rest. Buying protection shouldn’t be – that’s why VitalityLife provide the Mortgage Plan for the simplest and most comprehensive mortgage protection for your clients.
- 1 in 14 people are likely to die before the age of 65
- 1 in 6 people are likely to suffer a serious illness
- 1 in 2 people are likely to be unable to work at least a month due to illness or accident1
Three simple steps to complete peace of mind for your clients:
Life CoverTo protect their family’s future, your clients can choose their level of life cover to be:
- Decreasing, to match mortgage payments
- Level, where the amount of cover stays the same throughout the term
- Indexed, which increases the cover amount annually by the rate of inflation.
Income ProtectionPays a regular income in the event of illness, injury or disability, resulting in an inability work. Our Income Protection gives clients a monthly tax-free income, which can be used to help pay not only the mortgage, but medical costs and other bills whilst they recover.
Our 5-star defaqto rated Income Protection also has a number of features including:
- Extensive financial support for when your clients return to work
- A guaranteed income when they claim regardless of any change in their salary, given that they verify their salary beforehand
- A proportion of their monthly benefit on returning to work, until their income returns to what it was before they had to claim. This can either be in the same occupation or new occupation with reduced earnings.
Serious Illness Cover ProtectorClients can protect their home in the event of serious illness, with our tailored Serious Illness Cover Protector for comprehensive mortgage protection:
- Severity-based approach covering 145 conditions. More than any other insurer, including heart attacks, strokes and cancers
- 77 conditions paid out at 100% of the plan amount To fully cover your clients’ mortgage after suffering from the most severe conditions
- 68 conditions paid out between 15% and 75% of the plan amount to help cover the mortgage while your client is recovering
- Multiple claims - If your client makes a claim for less than 100% of the plan amount, they can claim again should they need to. Their cover continues until they have claimed 3 times the plan amount, or until they make a single claim for 100%. To make sure they get exactly the cover needed, they can choose the amount of Serious Illness Cover Protector independently from the Life Cover amount.
For even fuller protection, clients can choose to add to your coverOptional Serious Illness Cover for Children
Your clients can get a lump sum payment if their child suffers a serious illness. The amount we pay is between 15% and 100% of the cover amount, depending on the severity of the illness. If we pay out less than the cover amount, and the child’s illness gets worse or they’re diagnosed with another illness, they’d still be covered and your client could claim again.
Waiver of Premium on Incapacity
If you select this benefit, we will waive your clients’ premiums if they are unable to work because of illness or injury.
To find out more about the benefits of the Mortgage Plan, download the Mortgage Plan brochure.
Optimiser UnderwritingApply in minutes with a quick and easy application With just 5 medical questions, our quick and easy application process means that clients can be protected in a matter of minutes.
Why should you speak to your clients about our Mortgage Plan?
The benefits for your clients
- A comprehensive, straightforward mortgage protection solution which is more likely to payout than life cover that only pays out on death
- Cover within a few minutes with a quick and easy application process
- Upfront discounts and the opportunity to earn cashback, plus access to a range of rewards and discounts with Vitality Optimiser.
Not just good for your clients
The benefits for you
- With just 5 medical questions, our quick and easy application process means that you can save time
- You can give your clients cover which not only pays out on, but rewards throughout the plan term
- Your clients can engage with their cover giving you the opportunity to speak to them regularly about their protection needs.